Hyaluronic Acid may sound like a scary word, but trust us it’s far from scary, in fact you may even want to become best friends with Hyaluronic Acid! Why? Let’s take a look at all the amazing benefits and facts about HA!
– Hyaluronic acid is a sugar that is naturally found in our skin.
– It holds up to a thousand times its weight in water, which is how it retains moisture in our skin and also in our joints.
– HA prevents the moisture in our skin from evaporating into the air.
– Like the collagen and elastin in our skin, HA decreases in our skin as we get older which is why our skin becomes a lot drier and doesn’t retain as much moisture.
– HA helps to visibly plump the skin, give it more moisture and help it look more dewy.
– Ways to stimulate HA in our bodies can be significantly improved by diet, including eating lots of fruit and vegetables with a high antioxidant content as this helps to protect the skin, reduce inflammation and retain the HA.
– With the right grade of HA in skincare, it will bring moisture to the surface of the skin and keep it hydrated throughout the day.
– HA Improves skin elasticity.
– Injectables such as juvaderm and restalin, are gel forms of HA to add volume into the skin.